10 Tips to cut out 100 Calories a Day
Did you know that by just cutting out 100 calories a day, you can lose 10 pounds in a year? That’s pretty amazing, right? It’s also easy to implement by using the following simple tips:
- Ditch the mayonnaise and use a dollop of mustard or hummus on your sandwich instead.
- Swap out the guacamole for an equal amount of salsa and save 150 calories!
- Dip your vegetables into hummus rather than ranch or other creamy dressings.
- Sprinkle lightly toasted pecans rather than oil-soaked croutons on your salads.
- When eating out ask for your dressing on the side, choose grilled or poached over fried, and order steamed veggies instead of creamed.
- When cooking at home, sauté your vegetables and fish in ¼ cup of broth instead of a tablespoon of butter. Replace heavy cream with the same amount of skim milk mixed with 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Switch your dishes and use smaller plates. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, this can save up to 300 calories per day.
- Can the sodas and instead reach for an 8-ounce glass of water infused with lemon or cucumber. This will help cut out 200 to 300 calories.
- Turn off the tube! Researchers from Georgia State University found that people consumed 130 calories more if they ate while watching TV.
- Buy a veggie swirler. Put spaghetti squash or zucchini in the twirler and, voila, you have instant pasta in addition to cutting out a walloping 200 to 300 calories.
Call Dr. Diana Hoppe, M.D., to learn how to get your bikini body at 760-635-5600 or visit DrDiana-Hoppe.com.Edit ModuleShow Tags